This blog is moved to
http://amalhashim.wordpress.com

Monday, November 2, 2009

SQL Server 2008 Installation Pre-Requisites

In this blog series, I am going to explain in details about how we can install SQL Server 2008 dev edition on a windows XP box.

My current configuration is

  • Windows XP SP3
  • Visual Studio 2008 (No service pack installed)
  • .Net Framework 3.5 SP1

Once I started installing SQL Server 2008 on my dev box, I started complaining that it need the KB(KB942288-v2) to be installed.

warning

This KB installer is a hot fix for Windows installer. I clicked Ok and an installer window comes up, and installed that hot fix. Once this hot fix is installed, we needs to reboot our machine.

reboot Once the system reboots, execute the SQL 2008 installer. This will bring up the following screen.

1

In this screen if you notice, there is an option called “System Configuration Checker”. Click on that link, which will bring up a utility that can scan and show the components which has passed/failed as shown below.

2

Now, we are ready to start our SQL Server 2008 installation :-)

No comments: